13.1. SteelScript VM Config¶
Command-line Python Development Environment with SteelScript
This document describes how to build your own SteelScript Virtual Machine using pre-defined templates and helpful automation tools.
Verify you have met the above requirements. Ansible is simply a python library, and can usually be installed via
pip install ansible. The other packages require system-level installations.
Windows users note 1: You will need to run the commands from the Git Bash or Cygwin command shell. Git Bash should be included as part of the installation package in the git download.
Windows users note 2: When using Windows as the host machine, the ansible package is not yet fully supported and will fail when trying to
pip installit. An extra step is included in Step 4 to workaround this.
Clone this repo using one of the Github GUI clients, or by clicking the button in the github project page labeled
Clone in Desktop, or via the following CLI command:
$ git clone https://github.com/riverbed/steelscript-vm-config.git
- Navigate into the new repo:
$ cd steelscript-vm-config (Wherever your cloned path is for this repo)
- If using Windows, run the
vmconfig.batfile in this directory. This just copies
- Provision a new Vagrant VM:
$ vagrant up
- A fresh install will take between 20-30 minutes depending on your internet connection.
- Once completed, a new virtual machine will be waiting with SteelScript Application Framework and IPython Notebooks ready.