Welcome to the New Riverbed License portal. In this section, you can:
- View and redeem licenses for your hardware and software products
- Download or email license files for your records
- Request extensions for your trial licenses
- Finding Your License Request Key (Activation Code)
- A license request key is the same as the activation code
- A license request key (activation code) generates the appliance’s licenses. After installing the software on your Riverbed appliance, generate a license request key (activation code) from the management console or command line by using an
- You can view your available tokens on your Riverbed Support account, under the Tokens page.
- Finding Your Serial Number You can find the serial number of your Riverbed appliance in several ways:
- For Steelhead appliances, you can find the serial number in the Support tab of the Management Console Web Interface (in 4.1 and earlier, this is the Help tab). From the command line, you can use the show info command to display the serial
number. The serial number is physically labeled on the box of the appliance as well as the appliance chassis, similar to the image below.
- For Cascade appliances, you can find the serial number from the user interface in the Help > About area.
- Finding Your Customer Key or Support ID
- Your customer key is included in the license request email for your recent Virtual SteelHead and Steelhead purchase. If you no longer have the license request email, you may enter your Support ID instead..
- You may find your Support ID in the SteelHead interface under the Appliance Details section of the Help page.
- Challenge String
- You may generate a Challenge string from the SteelHead interface. Under Administration, choose Licenses, then scroll down to License Validation. Click the “Generate” button to retrieve a challenge string.